Now home after being gone for about one and a half weeks to visit family in Oregon….my body is very riled up (as expected)…
I had made the decision to take advantage of an opportunity to go to Oregon to visit family. Those with Fibromyalgia/Polyarthralgia/Chronic Pain Disorder/Etc. will attest….this was NOT to be taken lightly! It was a decision that would absolutely increase my all ready out of control symptoms.
Yet…I know that I cannot miss out on such a valuable opportunity! An opportunity to enjoy time with family….to have our son enjoy time with cousins…
It is important to make these tough decisions….resting beforehand as much as possible….and resting as best as possible while on the trip….
The hardest part is remembering to be extra patient once back home! Whether you are like me with a body that is still out of control, or fortunate enough to have symptoms well managed, more than likely you will deal with a flare once home!
I have no idea how long my flare will last….will it be one week…two weeks….longer? Only time will tell….
I do know that the entire ordeal was worth it! Cannot live completely isolated in the house until my doctors and I can finally come up with something that will help to at least take the edge off the constant pain!
For now, I get to enjoy those fabulous “electric shock sensations”! You know the ones that:
• Feel like an electric shock traveling through one’s body, sometimes accompanied by a “falling sensation”;
• Feel like pins and needles but more painful, alarming and pulsating;
• Jerks the joints of arms, legs, fingers and toes;
• Can come on at any time and is like a flash of light followed by electric shock tingling;
• Feel like “creepy crawlies” or ants crawling under one’s skin and causes the skin to tighten and jerk; and/or
• Feeling of twitching scalp along with facial twitching of mouth, eyes, and eyebrows.
Leave a Reply