The definition and synonyms per Dictionary.com are presented as follows:
having or showing a tendency to be easily annoyed or made angry.
“she was tired and irritable”
synonyms: bad-tempered, short-tempered, irascible, tetchy, testy, touchy, grumpy, grouchy, moody, crotchety, in a (bad) mood, cantankerous, bilious, curmudgeonly, ill-tempered, annoyed, cross, ill-humored, peevish, fractious, pettish, crabby, bitchy, waspish, prickly, splenetic, dyspeptic, choleric; More
- MEDICINE(of a bodily part or organ) abnormally sensitive.
- MEDICINE(of a condition) caused by abnormal sensitivity.
I have been praying and reading scripture while wrestling with this beast. Many questions have come to mind:
- Is this a “new to me” Fibro Flare symptom?
- Is this the result of the intense stress of fighting for SS Disability (26 months to finally receive a “Favorable” decision)?
- Is it the result of being overwhelmed emotionally due to the “Favorable” decision?
- Is it a side effect of medication?
- Is it the after effect of changing medication?
- Is it the result of being home bound?
- Is it the result of frustration that the simple act of riding in a vehicle for any amount of time triggers a Fibro Flare?
- Is it from not getting enough sleep?
The questions could go on and on to other tangents as well. My attention span is close to nonexistent. I would liken it….to a young child…distractions are everywhere! The sights and sounds derail me all too easily.
All that is certain is that irritability is a foe!
Leave a Reply