The Brain on Fibro
Those of us with Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain Disorder, Neuralgia and the like are dealt quite a handful of symptoms. The quantity of symptoms as well as the intensity vary from person to person. Although our conditions manifest differently, we can each relate having experienced the intense “Fibro Brain”…
Examples of “Fibro Brain” or “Brain Fog” that I have experienced:
- Forgetting what I was just told.
- Walking into a room, not remembering what I was doing.
- Forgetting to brush my teeth.
- Unable to find the dog brush, even though I thought for certain I put it away in the correct drawer.
- Walking to the bathroom and forgetting what I needed to do.
- Losing my phone…then finding I had placed it on the bed.
- Sitting down and realizing that I need to brush my teeth.
- Grabbing the lotion instead of the hair gel to put in my hair.
- Using the conditioner as shampoo.
- Using the shampoo as conditioner.
- Unable to focus for even a few minutes.
- Unable to watch a movie at a Theatre.
- Forgetting the note on my phone when at the doctor.
- Unable to find the batteries when staring right at them.
- Looking for my glasses (when they are on).
- Using the wrong name for items.
- Standing at the shower entrance and not knowing what to do next.
Of course, these are just a few of the many frustrating things that we deal with when we have Brain Fog. I find that the best thing to do is just smile or laugh…then do what you remember you needed to do!